Being the first has its advantages and disadvantages. You can have a product that is a pilot test and needs to be improved on but the other competitors use your product as a benchmark.
IOGear is the very first group to launch a pen that can digitally capture your handwriting with IOGear Digital Scribe. This is the very first product on its line to that was launched in 2007. This is the IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe digital pen/smartpen, the younger brother of the original. The digital pen revolutionizes the digital transfer notes.
If you are not into gadgets and has not heard of this since 2007, it’s not yet too late.
I stumbled upon this pen when I was looking for a gift for a friend who is a nurse. I had thought of getting her the best stethoscope for nurses but then decided to think more into smart pens because she also loves drawing as a her hobby. And this is what led me to the IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe.
Read this review to find out what the smart pen is all about.
What is IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe?
The Mobile Digital Scribe is a digital pen (or smartpen) that can capture what you have written in plain ordinary paper and can download it into a PC. It doesn’t need a special notepad or ink to do this function. It includes software that allows you to download and edit what was captured in your notes.
How does the IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe work?
The IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe works through the following:
- You take down notes like what you do with an ordinary pen (clip the reciever on the paper)
- If it is your first time to use the pen, you need to install the software to your PC.
- Connect the pen to your PC and download what you have written into your computer
- Review, edit, or send what you have written.
What makes IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe different?
IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe offers the following features:
- It can naturally capture handwriting. You use it the same way that you use a traditional pen. It wouldn’t feel alien to the user. Even people who are not updated in the newest gadget will not have difficulty in using the pen because of this feature.
- No need to continuously buy special paper digital paper or ink.
- It comes with software (OCR software) that converts your handwriting into digital text. The software lets you cut on your typing time of your notes. Gone are the days when you have to rewrite your notes on your computer. The software allows you to edit your notes.
- Very handy. You also do not need to bring bulky and attention catching laptops when you attend lectures because the job can easily be done by the IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe. IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe can recognize 11 other languages apart from English: Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Swedish and Russian.
- IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe comes with a 1 year warranty.
- IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe comes for less than $100.
Am I getting one for myself?
IOGear Mobile Digital Scribe is 4 stars for me. It offers the convenience of a digital pen because you do not have to rewrite your notes and it is not sensitive that it will need special ink or paper. I also like the fact that your handwriting can be captured in digital text not as manually written.
However, if you are trying to save up, you can actually skip on the pen especially if you have a small portable laptop.
Here is a video of the IOGear Digital Scribe Pen at work: